1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Group Policy Edit

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by comp99, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. comp99

comp99 Thread Starter

Hello-
    I have two computers side by side- same model and both running same version of Win2k. Both log in local (not part of a domain) and they form their own small workgroup of two. On one I need to be local admin to edit the group policy settings (Start->Run->gpedit.msc). I get an error as soon as I type this in as a normal standard user. On the other computer, a normal user can edit the group policy settings. I am logged in as a standard user and I can go to the group policy editor and change whatever I want and the updated settings take effect. This is troubling because I am changing access to map a network drive and see the Entire Network. A normal user on computer #2 can just go in and change it back so they can map and browse.

Very bizarre- any ideas? thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328666

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice