Group Policy errors on XP clients in Domain

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DarrenW

Running Server 2003 with AD. Lately I've been seeing errors in XP clients EVENT VIEWER. Errors are as follows:

Event ID: 1202 Source: SceCli
Security policies were propagated with warning. 0x4b8 : An extended error has occurred.
For best results in resolving this event, log on with a non-administrative account and search http://support.microsoft.com for "Troubleshooting Event 1202's".

Event ID: 1085 Source: Userenv
The Group Policy client-side extension Security failed to execute. Please look for any errors reported earlier by that extension.

I've tried all the MS solutions and have even gone as far as re-loading the default "compatibility" GP template on the server (making all options "Undefined"), then refreshing the policy on the clients with no success. The errors do not seem to be affecting usability at all on the network. Anyone else?

DarrenW

Simple AD (only root domain) with no trusts. I assume the problem is related to either authentication or perhaps IPSEc but haven't resolved it yet. I hadn't seen that particular MSKB article and will check into it's suggestions, I'm also going to check into permissions on the SYSVOL share. I'll post back my findings.

DarrenW

After allot of MSKB Article reading on SYSVOL... I repaired the problem with KB Article ID: 324800. Basically reset user rights for GPO. Working now.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online