1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

growing garlic

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by guitar21, Feb 13, 2007.

Advertisement
  1. guitar21

guitar21 Thread Starter

how long does it take garlick to grow i lpanted some today and need to know

2. Rockn

Rockn

As long as it takes. It is Garlic by the way, not Galick

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Seems like an odd question. It's not like it'll be ready in a few days. It'll be months.

4. Knotbored

Knotbored

Around here we plant in September (early fall) and harvest late spring/summer after the leaves dry back. Some cloves don't seperate the first year so I just leave those in the ground for another season (alternative is to have one huge clove thats a little mild.)
    Try elephant garlic and also large white garlic to impress your friends. You can grow it anywhere, but under the rose bushes will slow down aphids and ads some spice to the rose smell LOL.

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

But please do not post here after eatiing it, we may need to deoderise our computer.

6. guitar21

guitar21 Thread Starter

thanks

7. guitar21

guitar21 Thread Starter

its 30 cm high and im glad i posted it 13-Feb-2007 05:00 PM
    as i can now tell how old it is my first post was just after planting it

8. wacor

wacor Banned

interesting subject guitar21.

I never thought about growing garlic. But sounds interesting and I love garlic so I would give it a try. (y)

How about ya ask a mod to change the title of the thread and move it though?

If you are looking for input I have a hunch if you changed the thread title from "growing Galick" to "How do you grow Garlic" and move this to Random you will get a lot more info.(y)

It is up to you but if you are interested you can do that by clicking on the red triangle at the top right of the post and making the request.

9. normrad

normrad

Want to get rid of unwanted house guests? Here's a garlic recipe that works everytime!

Cut 1/4 off the top of 4-6 whole garlics. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the tops. Wrap them in aluminum foil. Bake in a 425 degree oven for 50 minutes. About half way through the cooking process, your house becomes void of any unwanted guests, especially those with a hangover.

Now...what to do with all that garlic? The cloves come out of the skin easily and make a great spread for crusty bread. Keep some EVVO around to drizzle on the garlic smeared bread.

10. Elf-stone

Elf-stone

Roasted garlic is great normrad, but it's EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

It does not get rid of unwanted Italian In-laws, just the opposite so use with caution! :D

11. normrad

normrad

What? You've never heard Extra Virgin Volive Oil, Elf-stone? ;]

You're right! I never thought about the Italians. That could cause a problem.

12. guitar21

guitar21 Thread Starter

40cm high

13. Knotbored

Knotbored

Now wait till the stem dries and falls over before you harvest it.
    If your stems produce a seedpod (some do some of mine don't) try nibbling on a couple of the 1/8" seeds, they have a mild garlic taste also. I have considered wraping the pods in cheesecloth and brewing with a soup-but haven't tried it yet.

By the way-every Enlishman I know swear they hate the smell of garlic cooking, but always comment how great my wifes cooking smells and tastes-and whats that secret ingredient?

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543661

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice