1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

grr...windows blue screen (stop message)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by twizzie, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

I have been getting this message, randomly, from Windows saying that there is something wrong with one of my drivers. I"ve been seeking help for a long time with this problem, trying to fix it myself. Here is what the problem reported:

The website it lead me to was:

http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/....1.0?SGD=6f3df3ea-eb4b-4555-aace-958337a18730

Here the files it told me were messed up:

C:\DOCUME~1\Mommy\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa649.dir00\Mini021607-01.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Mommy\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa649.dir00\sysdata.xml

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

I can look at the .DMP file if you attach it to your next post as a .ZIP file. If running Windows XP, right click the file then click Send to > Compressed zip folder. (The folder will be created in the same directory as the file).

To upload the .ZIP file with your post, click Go Advanced and scroll down. Click Manage Attachments. In the window that pops up, add the file you want to upload (click browse if you need to find it).

3. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

I do remember I deleted two files before that were alike to these. I just can't find it any more, just give me some time.

4. Frank4d

The C:\DOCUME~1\Mommy\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa649.dir00\Mini021607-01.dmp file probably isn't messed up. It is a dump file that contains information about your blue screen problem. Post it as a .ZIP attachment if you still have it.

5. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

think it attached sucessfully

Attached Files:

6. Frank4d

I ran a debug program on the file and it looks like your PC has Windows Server 2003 64bit Edition. The error:
    BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000094, fffffadfe2e2d2f4, f3e, 2a0c1}
    Unable to load image ALCWDM64.SYS, Win32 error 2
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)

... indicates that Windows was not able to load "ALCWDM64.SYS" which is a driver for Realtek AC97 Audio. So maybe your onboard sound card drivers need to be reinstalled. Another option is that you have a 3rd party sound card, but Windows is still trying to load drivers for on-board AC97 audio too. Try reinstalling your audio drivers, or if you have a 3rd part sound card... make sure the onboard one is disabled. BTW, is your sound working? And are you running a "Flight Simulator X" program? I noticed an error related to FSX.EXE (so maybe the error occurs when running it).

I am attaching the debug file output in case anyone else wants to have a look.

Attached Files:

7. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

Whoa, your good at this... Yes, I do have onboard sound, ~~~(BUT I DON'T HAVE WINDOWS SERVER 2003 64BIT, I have windows xp 64-bit pro)~~~ and I am planning to get a sound card soon. Also, to fix the onboard sound card driver problem, should I go ahead and re-install the driver that came with the motherboard?? By the way, this is a hand built computer, so I don't have any seperate sound drivers. Oh and I also do play FLight Sim X. Until I do purchase my sound card, can you tell me how to disable my sound card? ( I did find a way to disable it through device manager, but I'm not sure if that's safe.

8. Frank4d

Well first, does the problem only occur when you are playing the Flight Sim? If so, I would try doing a repair or re-install of Flight Sim X... or look on the manufacturer's website for an update that addresses the problem. But if the same problem occurs other times, then skip that.

Another option is to look on the Realtek website: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/ and see if they have updated drivers for your AC97 audio.

EDIT: Before I go down the wrong road... the error is 0x0000001E and problem is with ALCWDM64.SYS everytime?

9. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

ok, just downloaded the driver, so, how do I know if thwe problem is gone or not?

10. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

btw, why does it show that I am running on Windows Server 2003 64-bit?? If it was guessing it was 3 years off, I'm on Windows XP Professional 64-bit Edition

11. Frank4d

The "ntkrnlmp.exe" and "ntoskrnl.exe" files and their versions are identical in Windows Server 2003 64-bit and Windows XP Professional 64-bit.

12. twizzie

twizzie Thread Starter

ahhh, ok I had a problem with some kernel stuff before, maybe this was why. thanks

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544789

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice