1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Grub Error 22

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by Twizod, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twizod

Twizod Thread Starter

I have two HDD's. Maxtor 120GB and 2nd HDD is: 80GB WD
    I had WinXP Home Edition on 120GB and put on Red Hat 9 on 80GB WD HDD. Used Disk Druid thru Red Hat setup. Config'd File System on 80GB HDD and left Maxtor as "Free Space". It never said it was a Windows Partition, maybe b/c it is NTFS? Anywayz, the Boot Loader phase of the install only listed Red Hat. Tried to include hda(maxtor) but only listed hdb(1-10). Loaded it up and put GRUB on MBR. Ever since I can only access Red Hat.
    It gives an Error 22 and I have edited grub.conf to try and include the Winxp OS but no avail. Any suggestions?

2. lynch

lynch

Post your grub.conf file so we can look at it.
    Error 22:
    No such partition
    This error is returned if a partition is requested in the device part of a
    device- or full file name which isn't
    on the selected disk.( from the Grub Manual )
    HTH
    lynch

3. Twizod

Twizod Thread Starter

Well, until I get that information....I do remember that it had one entry and that was for the REDHAT OS. It never had a second one. I'll explain more when I get home.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173275

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice