1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Grub ?

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by Nvisible, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nvisible

Nvisible Thread Starter

I have a question is there any way to reprogram Grub so that it gives you more time to choose the OS you want to boot or if there is a way to set a dif. OS other the Linux as a default unfortunetly even though I am trying to learn Linux i still need XP for work And I have a bad habbit of just turning on my box going to get something to drink or snack on and come back this habbit seems to a bad one now that my box will automatically go to linux if I do not choose windows right away
    Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

2. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

Take a look at /boot/grub/grub.conf I belive it is decently commented, so you should be able to figure it out. If you cant go
    Code:
    man grub.conf
    and read then manpage.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219320

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice