Solved GT 1030 into desktop -> 1 beep every few seconds + splash

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TheDylPickle

specs:
Acer x1935
core pentium g640,
8 GB RAM
240 GB SSD

When I tried to install the gpu into the PC, it gets stuck in the splash screen, and gives off a beep once in a while when I boot it up.
what's wrong? why won't it boot?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Acer Aspire X1935 Desktop PC

Advise us the exact SNID number and serial number on yours so we can confirm what hardware it came with.

A detailed description of that "GT 1030" graphic card would also be helpful.

----------------------------------------------------------------

TheDylPickle

Acer Aspire X1935 Desktop PC

Advise us the exact SNID number and serial number on yours so we can confirm what hardware it came with.

A detailed description of that "GT 1030" graphic card would also be helpful.

----------------------------------------------------------------
DTSJMAA0042250998D9201 - serial number
not sure about snid rn

the gpu i'm trying to put in is a low profile zotac GT 1030.

I'm being advised to use rufus to put Freedos into a USB, but that doesn't want to boot in the desktop, which gives me the error of : No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed.
it does boot into the usb on any other pc though, such as the laptop I'm using rn

update, 3 of my USBS are being a little dumb. i flashed dos into another one and it boots now

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
According to that serial number, your Acer Aspire X1935 small form factor PC came with these specs:
Intel Pentium G640 2.80 GHz dual core processor
Intel HD Graphics (integrated)
4 GB DDR3-1333 RAM
500 GB SATA2 hard drive
220W power supply

According to your specs and comments in post #1, you appear to have added another 4 GB of RAM and switched to a solid state drive(SSD) and added a GeForce GT 1030 graphic card.
That graphic card requires a recommended minimum of a 300W power supply.
If you plan to use that PC for gaming or anything else that's power-hungry, that power supply won't suffice.
That processor also doesn't have enough "horsepower".

Clipboard.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------

TheDylPickle

You successfully flashed the Bios ? If yes does the new graphics card work now ?
Yes
According to that serial number, your Acer Aspire X1935 small form factor PC came with these specs:
Intel Pentium G640 2.80 GHz dual core processor
Intel HD Graphics (integrated)
4 GB DDR3-1333 RAM
500 GB SATA2 hard drive
220W power supply

According to your specs and comments in post #1, you appear to have added another 4 GB of RAM and switched to a solid state drive(SSD) and added a GeForce GT 1030 graphic card.
That graphic card requires a recommended minimum of a 300W power supply.
If you plan to use that PC for gaming or anything else that's power-hungry, that power supply won't suffice.
That processor also doesn't have enough "horsepower".

View attachment 265142

---------------------------------------------------------------
It should suffice for me, the max wattage it will pull is around 220 watts, in which i don't think it'll ever reach
I only plan on playing light esports games and browsing the web anyway.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online