1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gt 610 from evga

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shaka001, Dec 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shaka001

shaka001 Thread Starter

i have a problem with the video output of my video card, its an nvidia gt610 from evga that i got last christmas, but for some reason its not giving me a signal to the monitor, sometimes it would and other times it won't it happens randomly when i plug it in, it runs off of a pci express x16 slot, all year it was working fine but now its giving me problems i can't tell if will need a new one or not but my motherboard video output works fine no problems there at all is there something i can do to fix the card

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  4. replay

replay

In the other thread u were advised that the power supply was not adequate for your video card upgrade
    It's a possibility that now the psu has gone south and just a matter of time before it will not power up your computer atall

5. shaka001

shaka001 Thread Starter

oh no i changed the case and the power supply, its a brand new one and it powers my system just fine, i don't have any other problems with the system the the video card

6. shaka001

shaka001 Thread Starter

7. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Please post the New power supply specs

8. shaka001

shaka001 Thread Starter

its a 550 watt power supply a generic one nothing too special but i don't need a powerful one just one that will run the system, like i said, i can run the system without the video card, everything else works just fine, but everytime i try to put the video card on the pci express x16 slot i don't get any signal to my monitor its always a black screen

9. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    When you buy a generic (cheap) power supply you get what you pay for, which may in fact not be what you paid for.

10. shaka001

shaka001 Thread Starter

oh but i think the one from the hp case is a generic one too its not 80 plus rated or anything

11. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    HP many times uses Bestec Power supplies, but they are manufactured to HP standards unlike the retail versions of Bestec power supplies, which are total pieces of junk. with Big Box brand computers, the power supplies are just enough for the system as delivered from the factory. With the exception of the higher end (the expensive) models.

12. shaka001

shaka001 Thread Starter

well i don't know anything about that but it does look like a standard power supply, i know its junk i can tell but it never fried my system and this 550 watt power supply from rycom is still better anyway than the 220 watt slim form factor one from hp, but put all this stuff aside for a moment, the required wattage for the card is 300 watts, well i got more than that now so i know that's not the problem and to connect the card to my system i only have to plug it in to the slot on my motherboard, but nothing happens the only thing i get is the fan spinning

13. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I do not know IF your power supply is the cause of your problem however I can tell you that Rhycom [I think that is what you are referring to] is absolute junk; VERY low quality.

It is very possible that the system will work with the onboard video and not work with a real video card. This is due to the higher pw requirement of the video card.

In any case, you need a quality pw supply. The first thing I would do is to swap in a decent pw supply. If it works, great. If not, you needed one anyway.

BTW the specs on the rhycom 550W show all of 20amp on the 12V rail. Here is an example of a quality pw supply;
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151119
    Same wattage however more than double the amp on the 12V rail [45amp]

14. shaka001

shaka001 Thread Starter

yea seasonic makes very good power supplies but i'll tell you guys what i'll do, i'm going to try and see if i can get another video card a new one to work with this system first, because i can't afford an expensive power supply i live all the way out in the Caribbean so anything i want to order in the US will cost me double what people pay in US money

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1139995

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice