Gt 7800

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GUSMAN

I play a lot of counter strike source on the net so just spent out on an upgrade

Asus A8N-SLI Mobo
Athlon 64 3700
Nvidia 7800 GT

I am running them on a 64 bit windows OS.

I went onto the game expecting to kick some butt and I find I am getting a pathetic 15fps ??? what the heck could be causing that ??

The only thing I havent done is used a 24 pin power supply connector, I have conected a 20 pin. The pc works fine and was told you dont need the 24 pin unless you want to run 2 cards

Any ideas ??

Cheers

Gus

GUSMAN

Of all the morons, in my haste to get it installed I forgot to connect the power supply to the card doh!!

Cheers

Gus

crjdriver

If your mb is a 24 pin board, I would not use a 20 pin ps and an adapter. The 24 pin boards use two separate 12V rails; the 20 pin ps has one 12V rail. What the adapter does is split the existing 12V rail into two. You end up with an under powered system.

Unless you are using a ps with something like 24+ amps on the single 12V rail, you are just asking for problems. In short the system was designed to use a 24 pin ps for a reason; it needs the additional power.

GUSMAN

ok do you know of anywhere I can get one ??

Be much app

Gus

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online