1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gta 4

Discussion in 'Games' started by sachins, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sachins

sachins Thread Starter

Hello tech support guys....
    I just wanted to know whether my pc could support gta 4 ....I ve a intel core 2 duo procesoor with 2 gigs of ram and a geforce 8400gs...currently overclocked to 700mhz cor clock....I really want to play gta 4....If there would be any tips pls recommend and i am ready to overclock it more if have too...

2. Megabite

Megabite

Your Video card I don't think will do well with GTA 4.......

3. sachins

sachins Thread Starter

Can i play crysis????

4. Megabite

Megabite

I wouldn't think so....my 8800GTS has problems running crysis on high specs

5. Megabite

Megabite

You do not say what your intel core 2 duo speed is...your memory is fine but you need to get another video card with higher specs to be able to play those games at-least playable..........I tried the 8400 on Just Cause 2 and it was a nightmare....2 secs to move and delayed shooting.....had to close game

6. Mokomaki1

Mokomaki1

I tried GTA IV also with my Pentium 4 2,93ghz single core, 1gb RAM, and Geforce gt 220. It ran on like 20 fps with everything on low

But i play Crysis on All medium except shadows low very well :)

7. Megabite

Megabite

You are lucky....but to see these games the way they really are you need a good graphics card and CPU and memory.

I had to PCs side by side one low specs one high.......run the same game and the difference was like looking at a different game

8. sachins

sachins Thread Starter

I ve to say I managed 2 play cod mf 2 with 25 fps with medium settings....I just need gta 4 with 25 fps without the game luking too bad...Should I oveclock more.....????
    BTW core speed is 2.6ghz.....

9. sachins

sachins Thread Starter

Can u suggest some 2009 games tat would work.....

10. Megabite

Megabite

Like I said your memory is OK your CPU is OK....but you are limited with the Vid card you have...the thing is even if you start at 25fps your card will heat up and the fps will drop after awhile........I have seen people use a household fan on full blowing on the Vid card to keep it cool.

http://www.mygeekpal.com/601/how-to-run-gta-4-on-geforce-8400-gs/

11. sachins

sachins Thread Starter

Hey...there they overclocked it only to 585Mhz...I overclocked it to 700 mhz/450Mhz....
    with the results i saw Fifia 10 working at nearly 50fps....Will tat be enough????

12. Megabite

Megabite

Only way is to try......but keep an eye on the temps of the vid card as you can burn them out fast

Download and install hwmonitor
    and see what the temps etc are

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921405

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice