GTA IV: Can I Run It?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

*SubZero*

Hello all. Been thinking of buyinng GTA IV for the pc, because of all the epic mods and stuff. :D But I wanted to know, will my pc run it? Without lag, or anything like that.

I tested it on a website that tells you wether or not your pc can run a game.(www.systemrequirementslab.com) And everything passed except for TWO things, now I need you guys to tell me, would these two things be a major problem for running the game smoothy:

Firstly, RAM- It says the game is reccomended to have 2.5GB of Ram. I have 2GB of ram, so i'm short 500MB.

Secondly, the video card, I have a GeForce 8500 GT, and it says the reccomended one is a 512MB NVIDIA 8600+ / 512MB .

Please tell me if these two factors would make the game choppy/laggy.

----------------------
MY FULL PC SPECS

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1GHz
Ram: 2GB (mentioned above)
OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2 (build 6002), 32-bit
Video card: GeForce 8500 GT (mentioned above)

Thanks. :)

recommanded spec means you can run the same spec in a medium setting without lag.
so you can probably run in low settings without lag(?).

Hello all. Been thinking of buyinng GTA IV for the pc, because of all the epic mods and stuff. :D But I wanted to know, will my pc run it? Without lag, or anything like that.

I tested it on a website that tells you wether or not your pc can run a game.(www.systemrequirementslab.com) And everything passed except for TWO things, now I need you guys to tell me, would these two things be a major problem for running the game smoothy:

Firstly, RAM- It says the game is reccomended to have 2.5GB of Ram. I have 2GB of ram, so i'm short 500MB.

Secondly, the video card, I have a GeForce 8500 GT, and it says the reccomended one is a 512MB NVIDIA 8600+ / 512MB .

Please tell me if these two factors would make the game choppy/laggy.

----------------------
MY FULL PC SPECS

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1GHz
Ram: 2GB (mentioned above)
OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2 (build 6002), 32-bit
Video card: GeForce 8500 GT (mentioned above)

Thanks. :)
Being as it's a port from a console, you'd be better off getting it for the PS3 or the XBOX 360 if you have either of those. Less bugs/issues.

*SubZero*

Yes, I have it on PS3, but I want it on PC, could someone answer my question? (Above)

GTA 4 is such a badly coded port. Yes your specs do look like you can run it, but that doesn't mean it will run well at all.
I have seen people with a computer that should smoke it have so many issues with the game.

go to systemrequirementslab.com and select gta4 on the list and it will diagnose your pc and show you how well your pc can run the game, and as far as the "epic mods" go, the game was updated yesterday and there are no longer mods....for now anyhow.

If you keep it on the lowest setting it should work, with some lag.

((Your running Vista with 2Gigs of ram?...))

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online