GTA san andreas

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

katygirl

I bought gta san andreas for my son We have tried to install it on my computer but it will not read the disc. I borrowed one from a friend and we have the same problem. I thought it might be my cd drive but i have installed others programs using it since then and they work fine. I have a Dell dim.2400 over a gig of mem. I just won't read this game disc. Any suggestions?

Can you right-click the drive and Explore the CD?

If not, see if the CD can be read by another machine. If it can, you may need a new CD-ROM or you could try one of those commercial lens-cleaning kits just in case it is that simple.

Does the CD-ROM read other CD's OK?

Are you sure that the game you got is for PC and not the console?

Seems to be a not uncommon problem:

http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-65204-gta-san-andreas-installation-problem.html
http://www.techimo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125931

katygirl

when i right click it comes up insert disc into d drive and that's where it is. reads other cd's fine i just installed to other programs via cd's to my computer. Yes it is for pc use so was the one i tried of my friends. Seems like gta is the only thing it won't install. I'll try a cleaner next just to be sure
thanks

I guess it really doesn't see any CD there. I'd try the cleaner next since they are cheap. If possible, you could try borrowing a CD-ROM for this part, but then if the CD needs to be in the drive to run the game, your old CD-ROM will not work for that. either.

Try the CD in a different machine. It's possibly a faulty CD, too (but not both you tried).

CD-ROM's are relatively cheap. Maybe you could use a CD/DVD burner?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online