1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

GTA Vice City will not start!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by exton420, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. exton420

exton420 Thread Starter

okay....Vice City was running fine in Windows ME, with detonator 44.03 drivers on a g4 4800ti

now, after i upgraded to Win XP Pro (with the service pack),and installed xp 44.03 drivers, the game refuses to start....i click on the shortcut (and in the prog dir.) and nothing....it looks like it is going to load but just stops ...no matter how much i try... :(

anyways, i like xp and i dont want to downgrade...but i will have to if i cant fix this (i like playing vice city).

the two things i have not tried are the newest nvidia drivers and the gta vice city patch.....neither of which i think are the root problem, since vice was running in winME just fine with the 44.03 drivers.....oh yeah, i also have dx9 too, so thats not it...

plz, any help is appreciated...

my specs

p4 1300 mhz
    640 mb pc800
    nvidia geforce4 4800ti SE-VTD (or some such nonsense)
    windows xp pro w/service pack 1
    soundblaster live! value

**no sure what kind of mobo i have...

2. McTimson

McTimson

When you upgraded, did you install over WinME, or did you format the hard drive first?

If you just installed over it, then try reinstalling Vice City, that should do it.

3. scmazter

scmazter

Not true at all. They could as well be the problem,
    eg. My simcity 4 didnt work untill I updated my graphics driver
    eg. My diablo 2 didnt work untill I instaleld the patch.
    Also, just becuase it worked in winme, doesnt mean it will work in winxp the same.
    Anyway a reinstall of the program might do it, if not u'll have 2 install the latest patch of vc and latest driver for graphics card.

4. wasabi

wasabi

I got the same problem.
    When starting the game,I see the the ROCKSTAR logo then....nothing... its like the process just stops there

plz email me a solution (as i dont get the chance to come see here often

thanks!

[email protected]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!