1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

GTA3 glitching :(

Discussion in 'Games' started by Zergling, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zergling

Zergling Thread Starter

GTA3 keeps glitching during gameplay. I will be playing along, and it will freeze for a second, then go again. it is actually in a constant state of small freezes. Impossible to play.

My system specs:

Windows 98se
    2.4 GHz pentium 4
    256 megs of RAM (pc2100)
    ATI Radeon 8500LE 128 mb card
    ASUS motherboard with on-board sound.

I used to have win 2k, and GTA3 ran alot better on it.
    I tried getting the latest drivers for the vid. card, and it still glitches.

I have directX 8.1, and there's no problems with it...

basically, i've tried everything I know, and I need some help.

This same problem has occurred in other games, but not nearly as serious. does GTA3 just hate win98??

2. animalhouz

animalhouz

I have had the same problem with my Ati video card Mine did it with Mofia and GTA3. Try lowering your Video setting By going to Display properties,settings,addvanced make sure that you have w-buffer checked under direct 3d option. Then go OpenGL and check performance button you can raise some of the options tell you find a happy medium. This helped me! Also I have found that on some games you can't run more then a 800x600 pixel setting. Hope this info helps!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118743

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice