1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gtx 1050 ti

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tigers7612, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tigers7612

Tigers7612 Thread Starter

I got this card in a prebuilt pc. It died after about 10 months. I did a RMA on it. They sent it back to me saying water damage fried it. It came back looking like this with one wire pathway pulled up off the board. When I sent it it had no water damage. Anyway is it possible to fix this? 20180806_125200.jpg

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Anything can be fixed however the cost of fixing the card would most likely exceed the cost of a new card. It is not cheap to pay an electronics lab to test and repair your card.

AmateurJohn likes this.
  3. lynx1021

lynx1021

Those are burned traces, usually caused by shorted components. To repair you would have to find what was shorted, replace it ( usually a regulator) then jumper the traces with wire. I think they lied to you. Water would have had to get inside the desktop to short something out.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214190

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice