Gtx 1050ti overclock issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Humbl3

My Gtx 1050ti will crash after applying a +200 core clock. The problem is that the temperature of the GPU caps at 60 degrees, so it wont go any higher. I've set a 90 degrees limit using MSI afterburner. Can someone help?

I don't think that the Gtx 1050ti is made by MSI. Using anther brand's utility program to make settings to something that is not their product usually doesn't work.

Back in the day....MSI AfterBurner was the only way to OC a GPU. It worked with 98% of the GPU's of that time. Now, each manufacturer has their own OC'ing software.

I would set any temps back to default....at 90°C (194°F) is really pushing it. You need to have all the fans at max speed for that temp.

What is that actual brand of your GPU?

There's also the silicon lottery when it comes to overclocking.

I have 2x GTX 1080's and I'm able to OC one of them to 100mhz the other won't go past 85.

I don't think starting at 200 is the right way to go, start low and edge up once the card has been proven to be stable.

Humbl3

Back in the day....MSI AfterBurner was the only way to OC a GPU. It worked with 98% of the GPU's of that time. Now, each manufacturer has their own OC'ing software.

I would set any temps back to default....at 90°C (194°F) is really pushing it. You need to have all the fans at max speed for that temp.

What is that actual brand of your GPU?
Gigabyte

crjdriver

Just a few thoughts;
1 I have a saying "Do not overclock with parts you cannot afford to replace" As long as you can afford to replace the card, then it is fine to OC
2 Use the gigabyte software that bassfisher6522 found for you. Gigabyte mfg the card and their software should be what is used for monitoring and OCing
3 If you do decide to update/flash the bios of the card, be sure you read and fully understand the flashing procedure

I have a saying "Do not overclock with parts you cannot afford to replace" As long as you can afford to replace the card, then it is fine to OC
I like that.....

I never understood the need to OC a CPU....other than for testing. It's the same for me for water cooling a CPU/GPU. Other than it's aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

crjdriver

I overclock everything [except my home theater system] however if something breaks there is no one else to blame except me.
What always amazes me is when someone purchases say a 3.2gig processor and they cannot understand why they are unable to overclock to 4.0gig. Someone else on the internet was able to OC to 4gig; why am I unable????

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online