1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

GTX 1080 Low FPS In CS:GO Only

Discussion in 'Games' started by Plutakis, Jan 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plutakis

Plutakis Thread Starter

I just got a GTX 1080 and most games run at the estimated FPS for a 1080. But for some reason CS:GO runs at 110-180 FPS. I've heard that CS:GO is a CPU intensive game but I thought that my 1080 with my old but solid CPU (Intel i5 3570K @3.4GHz) would be more than enough to keep me in the 250's at least. All of my computer parts exlcuding my 1080 are 4+ years old. I don't expect to get maximum performance from my GPU and I plan to build a completely new computer this summer with my 1080, but until then I need it to run CS:GO better as it is the main game that I play. And please don't give me the "You're complaining about 170 FPS" because I have a 144hz monitor and don't want it to ever drop below that and with my 1080 I should be getting a lot more, I payed for overkill, I want overkill. Thanks

Intel i5 3570K @3.4GHz
    ASRock Z77
    Extreme4 8G DDR3
    GTX 1080 Strix
    Windows 7

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1183313

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice