1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

GTX 800 series?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jacklikesskyrim, Nov 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacklikesskyrim

jacklikesskyrim Thread Starter

Hey everyone. I currently have a GTX 580 and I want to upgrade that. I was going to get a GTX 770 but I'm now considering waiting for the GTX 800 series. Is it worth waiting for the 800's and when do you think it will be released?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Well supposedly it's coming next year, but since crystal balls don't exist who knows exactly when, maybe in Q1 maybe not, maybe way longer,or if they'll be delayed even further, or how good they'll really be, or if they'll have bugs, or how much they'll cost. If anyone really knows at this point they are not likely allowed to disclose details beyond what I'm sure you've searched on Google otherwise they'd lose their job; and even what may be known now may change as changes and delays happen all the time.

In the end, it's up to you, if you need a new or better card now, buy now, if you want to wait there will always be another generation or series in the works, if the wait is confirmed to be short then sometimes waiting a bit is not a big deal, when the wait is longer waiting may not make sense.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1112115

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice