Guest Book set up and PERL script

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rkselby98

On my new web site I set up my Guest book and I can't get it to work for me. I don't know anything about PERL Script. Do you know of anyone that can check it for me. I will be glad to send them all the information and the files used to set it up. I have a mistake and just can't figure it out.

I get the following error message when I try to submit information.

The requested URL /rselby/cgi-bin/guest.cgi was not found on this server.

As always thank you for your help,

before I blame the script check and make sure that you have permissions set properly to allow the generic user to run the script...not sure what the chmod # is for it.

further are you sure the path is correct? Is it located in a 'shelby' directory? I know my apache server has to have the cgi-bin in a specified spot.

rkselby98

deuce868 if I were to send you the information do you think you could check into this for me. I know nothing about permission or anything else.

This was a guest book I downloaded and suppose to be so easy to install but it has been nothing but headaches.

I will be glad to send you all the information.

Thank you for your reply if you don't have the time that is ok also.

THANK ALL OF YOU BUT TECH HELP FROM THE HOST SOLVED THE PROBLEM. ONCE AGAIN THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOU HELP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online