1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Guestbook time/date problems

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by CompNewbie, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CompNewbie

CompNewbie Thread Starter

Hi there,

I've recently set up a website, when I had the site on my own server the guestbook worked fine with timestamp on each post, the time/date would show correctly. Now I moved the site from my own server on to the server of the guy I made it for, and now I can't get the timestamp to work correctly.

On my server I have the mySQL database set up with timestamp(14) and the standard has no value, this works perfectly on my server and shows the correct date/time. I tried to replicate this on the other guys server, but when nothing is input to the 'standard' box it automatically generates 0000-00-00 00:00 as the value, there seems to be no way around this. When this happens it shows the date as 31-12-1969.

If I set the timestamp standard value to 'CURRENT_TIMESTAMP' I get the correct date, but with the year 2006 and the time static at 12:00PM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543396

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice