1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Guide for building your own system.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by crjdriver, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ziggy587

Ziggy587

Sorry if the link has already been posted, but I found this video on how to install a 775 Intel CPU and HSF. I thought it was a very good instuction video...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OFEOd7nQbuQ

2. EnfoToad

EnfoToad

Hey!
    Crjdriver nice tutorial.

3. ia1980

ia1980

2007 December

What are the recommended components for building a desktop now- the last were in 2004! - Maybe my first build????

4. shujinko

shujinko

I can't speak to the other names above, but nVidia makes a fantastic Intel Core 2 Duo chipset, the 680i. It's a 4x Customer Choice Award winner. I have it myself running a Core 2 Duo, and it's one of the best motherboards I've ever had.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813188013

5. ia1980

ia1980

Hi there
    I wanted ALL the components that I need to build a PC over Christmas
    IA

6. rexgrant

rexgrant

Hi all.
    OK Which way do we go from here 2nd January 2008. Do we go the way of Intel, if you require the fastest PC and the most expensive then yes, or do we prepare for the more stable and graphic compatible AMD to make its challenge.
    Amd first attempt with the Quad CPU as serious bios problems and should be left alone for a while.
    But the new Am3 is on the way. But don't rush into it at the moment. As a true AMD follower I have moved into the fray slowly check my spec.
    If you do not require an upgrade at present wait for a couple of months to see the way AMD is going, You may save a lot of money and get a more advanced PC. This is just my opinion on the currant situation.
    Happy new year to you all,
    Rex

7. ferrija1

ferrija1

AMD is no more "graphic compatible" than Intel. For now, Intel is well ahead of AMD with their Core processors.

8. rexgrant

rexgrant

Hi ferrijal.
    That is your opinion. What I said was mine(y)
    Rex

9. ferrija1

ferrija1

Yes well it is a fact that AMD's processors are no more graphic compatible. There is no difference in what passes in and out of the processor socket (generally), the difference is in the processor itself.

Also, Intel's processors are slightly cheaper and faster than other's.

10. rexgrant

rexgrant

Hi again.
    If you believe what you have just stated that is fine. But I believe what little I know about graphic stability in the two types of processors, and thanks to the Israelis, Intel has got the faster and more overclock able processor at the present time. But should you feel like going to work on the net You may just find out, that the majority of experts will say that nVidia chip sets work better with an AMD CPU as well as their own GPU. And the better AMD compatible mobo's are built on Nvidia Chip-sets. But this old brain of mine dose get things out of place now and again,
    All the best
    Rex.
    May I sugest you check intels core 2 prices against AMD I have just bought the fastest clocked stock CPU ever for under £100 UK
    Not the fastest but in tests came no 3 to intelsE6850 @£175 and intels E6750 @£123 and the e6750 only just piped the amd 6400 by a whisker.

11. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator Thread Starter

Gentlemen: Replying to a guide whether with your opinion or questions is not relevant. If you have a question, then start a new thread. Due to the less than adult behavior of the last few posts, I am now closing this thread.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/531492