Guide for installing XP / Win2k after Vista is installed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Hi.
I decided to install XP-on-my Dell 1720 notebook. I follows to all instructions on David Blog (davidreedonline.com/wordpress/2007/08/03/installing-windows-xp-on-the-dell-inspiron-1420/).I install Nlite,then I download intel_ahci.zip,extract all files and choose iaahci.inf in nlite. I choose all options.Then after I choose “make ISO” button.I inserted a clear CD-RW,but error appeared-not enough disc size!!!It show me 4.5 GB needed disc-place!
Is it normal?????
This is screenshot of error: http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/391/79539124qu7.jpg
Could anybody help-to solve this-problem!Thx a lot.

Vista Business is available in a special 3 CD pack, it is a lot more of a bloat than XP.

YOu will need a DVD to copy or a better tool that will allow you to span the image.

I have DVD.What tool can you recommend to record ISO,if Vista can not recognize a clear DVD-R disc? Thnks in advance.

the very first post on this says we need a boot cd of vista(not a recovery cd) well all i have is a recovery cd, my question is.
please dont run me off the board for this question. :)
my laptop shipped with vista premium and i am going to create a dual boot out of it with xp pro. but i dont have a install cd for vista. my question is does it have to be the original vista cd or can i use the beta cd i have for this or even a pirated version of vista to do this. after all it seems all i am doing is using the boot section of the cd. (not installing anyh of vista) would this work?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online