Guild Wars restarts computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Master_chief

this only happens when i press the close button at the top of the screen and after i log out. i when to the guild wars support and they told me it was because i dont have a supported graphics card but i thought that it should crash after i log out and go to exit the game if i have a unsupported graphics card. so i came here to see if there was any way to fix this and if im wrong about the graphics card thing then let me know.

I posted a question similar to your.......I don't think we will get much help. You have any luck with your glitch??

Master_chief

not really. but somtime i close guild wars in the task manager (ctrl+alt+del) and it only restarted once that way

Some basic things...
have you tried reinstalling the game?
Try (just for fun) turning down the graphics

And finally...what are your computers specs?

Master_chief

no i hav not tried reinstalling (i cant right now im having some other computer problems) and here are the specs for my computer.
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/16/2005, 18:23:40
Machine name: UNSC
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M. by More String
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/22/04 14:00:18 Ver: 08.00.09
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1534MB RAM
Page File: 236MB used, 1919MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA Quadro4 750 XGL
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: Quadro4 750 XGL
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0259&SUBSYS_013910DE&REV_A3
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.7730 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 5/12/2005 00:34:00, 3879808 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: No
WHQL Date Stamp: None
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
(i think thats enought info on my computer if you need more just let me know what u ne

Master cheif:
Have you tried looking in event viewer (start->run->"eventvwr" (type in minus the quotes)? Look under the system and application logs and see if it has any errors around the time that i crashed.

Hey

I have been having the exact same problem as you guys. I don't know if it will help you but After several calls to various tech suports I have determined the problem is with directX. You should check to see if your derect x is working just go to the run selection in the start menur and type in dxdiag. Go to display and perfrom the two graphics tests. personally i get this error.

Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x887602eb (error code)

My direct X seemed ok before i installed Guildwars . I still havn't solved my problem. Hope this helps you a bit.

Master_chief

i ran the two test and it didnt give me an error. i am probably getting a new graphics card soon so hopefully that will fix the problem

ok this problem and various others are floating around with guild wars at the moment the common factor is they all happen with nvidia gpu's try uninstalling your drivers and doing a fresh install from nvidia.com ive had to roll my drivers back to resolve various guild wars glitches do you get a blue screen of death? any graphic coruption while playing? any err messages while playing ect? have you checked your system temps? (pos overheat)

Master_chief

k i just got a new graphics card (hav some problems with it right now). i have never got the BSOD but sometimes guild wars just freezes my computer and i cant do anything. ya once there where no textrues when i walked out of town just a black landscape with a bunch of colored squares. nope no error messeges.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online