1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Guild Wars

Discussion in 'Games' started by Writhe, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Writhe

Writhe Thread Starter

This is my first time wanting to play a pc game but I dunno if my comp can handle this. I've checked the requirements for Guild Wars Nightfall

Intel Pentium III 1 GHz CPU, 512MB RAM, 3GB Hard disk space, ATI Radeon 8500 or GeForce 3 series video card with 64 MB of VRAM, 56kbit/s internet connection, Windows 98/ME/2000/XP

my comp specs are

Windows XP, Intel Celeron M Processor, 1.70 GHz, 0.99 GB RAM and my default graphics card is intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express chipset family

I'm a noob at upgrading my comp so instead I just buy new comps...a friend of mine said that I could probably play the game but with the minimum or least graphics settings :/

2. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Buying a computer is a good idea rather than upgrading it. You computer can't handle it. You processor needs to change, and your video card is onboard and its very bad for games. There is nothing you can do to upgrade your video card and your cpu because you own a laptop. Your ram is fine, but it can't be used for the future stuff. if you want to play guild wars, i would get a laptop at least $1500.

3. Writhe

Writhe Thread Starter

4. ACA529

ACA529

then why are you running a celeron M processor?

5. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

I see why, he is using the computer that is smaller than the printer. its like a portable one. OK, writhe, i think its time for you to buy a new computer. You can also build cause you can save money. Get like AMD X2, or Core 2 Duo, they are good processors. Get at least 1 GB ram and a good video card such as ATI X1600 or more, or NVIDIA 7600 or more.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Other than the video card, the rest is decent.

If anything, go to www.canyourunit.com and select the game and run the test. It may ask you to allow an active x component. Allow that and your results will come up.

7. Writhe

Writhe Thread Starter

Thanks doods, yeah everything passed cept the video card....failed below minimum requirements >_<

IF I can upgrade this comp that I already have which video card do you guys recommend ATI Radeon 8500 or GeForce 3 series video card with 64 MB of VRAM

I've read reviews how alot of people don't like ATI :/

8. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

its better to have NVIDIA 6800 or more or ATI 9200 or more.

9. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    it will depend on what slots you have available. Do you know if you have an AGP slot?

10. Writhe

Writhe Thread Starter

Well I opened up my comp and I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for but I don't think I'll be able to upgrade the video card since it's so cramped

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/SinDizzy/Others/?action=view&current=DSC02345.jpg

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/SinDizzy/Others/?action=view&current=DSC02348.jpg

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/SinDizzy/Others/?action=view&current=DSC02353.jpg

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/SinDizzy/Others/?action=view&current=DSC02366.jpg

once again so cramped that I couldn't really get a good picture without unscrewing more things :/

11. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    What HP Pavilion do you have?

Looks like it's a compacted machine (pretty much not upgradable.)

12. LIFER101

LIFER101

you need to get more ram. and if you were poor like me most of the time it is better to just upgrade like i do. it jus boosts your comp. compatibility. it makes it faster and better with games

13. LIFER101

LIFER101

it will be way better with 1 gig ram sticks in every port

14. Writhe

Writhe Thread Starter

my comp is a HP Pavilion Slimline s7410n pc

I'm not sure RAM will make my comp play this game. I meets all requirements but the video card :(

I can play the First Guild Wars with minimum requirements but the expansions I can't play :/

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594490

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice