Guns

Johnny b

John
Considering the NRA's close ties to Russia and the funneling of money into the 2016 election of Trump, this news is not a surprise.

New York Attorney General Moves To Dissolve The NRA After Fraud Investigation
https://www.npr.org/2020/08/06/8997...to-dissolve-the-nra-after-fraud-investigation

The attorney general of New York took action Thursday to dissolve the National Rifle Association following an 18-month investigation that found evidence the powerful gun rights group is "fraught with fraud and abuse."

Attorney General Letitia James claims in a lawsuit filed Thursday that she found financial misconduct in the millions of dollars and that it contributed to a loss of more than $64 million over a three-year period.

The suit alleges that top NRA executives misused charitable funds for personal gain, awarded contracts to friends and family members, and provided contracts to former employees to ensure loyalty.
The whole article is worth a read. There is simply too much to copy and paste.

An organization that looks after the rights of the citizen wouldn't be doing that :cool:

Johnnyb,
Your NPR story misses the juicy details of the fraud. Try the NY POST:
https://nypost.com/2020/08/06/some-of-the-nras-alleged-financial-abuses-in-new-york-lawsuit/

"LaPierre and his family flew to the Bahamas at least eight times in five years
LaPierre, 70, allegedly made at least eight private flights to and from the Bahamas since June 2015, totaling more than $500,000 in costs — all of it billed to the NRA"

"During the Bahamas trips, LaPierre had the use of a 108-foot yacht, named Illusions, courtesy of MMP Principal, a company the NRA has paid over $60 million for fundraising, printing and mailing services since 2014. LaPierre described Illusions as “a big, big yacht” with a crew that includes a chef, according to the filings, which also noted that the vessel has four staterooms, a 16-foot jet boat and two jet skis."

Considering the NRA's close ties to Russia and the funneling of money into the 2016 election of Trump, this news is not a surprise.

New York Attorney General Moves To Dissolve The NRA After Fraud Investigation
https://www.npr.org/2020/08/06/8997...to-dissolve-the-nra-after-fraud-investigation

The whole article is worth a read. There is simply too much to copy and paste.

An organization that looks after the rights of the citizen wouldn't be doing that :cool:

I recently posted the following on a gun site that isn't a right wing echo chamber of stupid stuff. I cleaned up the post so as not to get in trouble with cookiegal. Totally agree militias are nothing more than terrorist and DJT is the leader. Michigan should charge him with aiding and abetting a state over throw of their government. He sows discontent when and wherever he goes or opens his obese puffy face.

I don't give two spits for any militia - right or left wing. My feelings for them is same as I feel about open carry.

From my favorite book of fables: "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me."

I quit playing cowboys and indians, cops and robbers and war games about 12/13 YO. Militias and OC are just extensions of a juvenile IMHO.

Johnny b

John
Interesting article in USAToday about how the NRA is attempting to avoid legal issues in the State of new York.
It's not about being bankrupt, turns out they aren't.
It's about further beating the law in a system they attempt to corrupt ( their acting as a mechanism for Russia to fund the Trump campaign back in 2016 )

The NRA says its finances are solid. So why is it filing for bankruptcy?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...onal-rifle-association-chapter-11/6657581002/

NRA and it's goals?
IMO, their motto is "you can keep your guns but you have to bow down to Russian domination".

Just follow the money and Rudy Giuliani. :cool:

Moving to Texas probably good idea vs. NY - not that I'm thrilled. NRA lost me long time ago - too radical right for me. They lost sight of their reason for being. They will end up on the wrong side of history.

valis

Moving to Texas probably good idea vs. NY - not that I'm thrilled. NRA lost me long time ago - too radical right for me. They lost sight of their reason for being. They will end up on the wrong side of history.
indeed. The lost me as well. Dad still calls me an idjit over that (but then, he's also a big Trump homer).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online