1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gutl.dll ???

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by booradley01, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. booradley01

booradley01 Thread Starter

I'm running Windows 98 and for some reason I get an error reading: Error Starting Program A required .DLL file, GUTL.DLL, was not found.

What does this even mean?

2. pvc9

pvc9

When do you get that error message? During the startup or when you start a particular application?

3. booradley01

booradley01 Thread Starter

During start up. Sorry.

4. pvc9

pvc9

Np.

Well, did you uninstall/install any programs recently?

Try this -

Start->Run->msconfig [enter]

Click on the Startup tab, look for the entry related to gutl.dll, uncheck the box next to it, click on Apply, then Ok. Restart the PC and see if everything works fine.

I also suggest you to run an antivirus scan at http://housecall.antivirus.com/

5. bandit429

bandit429

Oh dont be,,,,that is associated with something thats very difficult to find any information about,,,have you installed or uninstalled anything lately?

A way we might find an awnser is looking at a scanlog,,,,could you click the link below an read it well,,,,,then download, install then run it. Use your mouse to copy all the text,,,,then paste it here in a post so we can look at it. If you have any questions all you have to do is ask.

http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

6. walker1982

walker1982

I'm running XP and I got the same error. "This application has failed to start because GULT.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." I downloaded the new drivers for my video card. And I'm still getting this message. What do I need to do?

7. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Do you use AT&T as your service connection by any chance?

Or maybe Comcast?

8. walker1982

walker1982

Yes, I use AT&T. I got a new version and tried to load it and that is when I got this message. I called AT&T and they are the one that told me to update my video drivers. I did and that did not help. I'm still getting the error.

9. Cheeseball81

This is info I found on it. Hope maybe it will help:

Error: A Required DLL File Gutl.dll was not Found

Question:
    I receive A Required DLL File Gutl.dll was not Found error.

Answer: Steps to correct A Required DLL File Gutl.dll was not Found error.

Note: Ensure your AT&T WorldNet(R) Service Setup CD-ROM is in the computer before proceeding.

To resolve this error:

Re-install the AT&T WorldNet Connection Services Manager software.
    When prompted, restore your existing AT&T WorldNet account information by choosing the Restore my current account settings option.

10. walker1982

walker1982

:) I uninstall the AT&T software and re-installed and it worked. Thanks for all your help. Have a GREAT weekend!!! (y)

11. Cheeseball81

You're welcome!

Glad to hear it was resolved! :D
    Have a great weekend too

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172985

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice