1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Guyzer's Stuff

Discussion in 'Photo Album' started by Guyzer, May 24, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

Thanks Pooch...

Here's half of the pair that lives in our back 40. They have a nest going again and hopefully
    will be able to raise a chick or two without their nest being destroyed by storms again.

[​IMG]

2. poochee

poochee

Beautiful!

3. RT

RT

Always impressed with your photos, you have such a diverse array of beautiful wildlife in your back yard (so to speak)... but I know it takes the effort to get out there, be patient - even when you feel frustrated sometimes, but the effort is worth the wait.
    Some days you might be rewarded, some days not...but it's worth the effort just for being out there...
    for ultimately your reward is being out there...and seeing things you may not be able to photograph is also a reward.

Cheers to you Guy, for days well spent, and sharing your love of nature :cool:

4. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

Thanks for the words of encouragement. What you see is just a small fraction of my time spent
    looking for things that walk, crawl, fly or swim. I can never get enough....................

RT likes this.
  5. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

We have a pair of Pileated Woodpeckers that are living somewhere on our yard
    and they show up daily to feast at the trough, Usually they come one at a time
    but today the male arrived and shortly thereafter the female showed up and kicked
    him away from the suet feeder.

These birds are fearless and when they're around they command all the attention.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can't pass up posting this gorgeous White-crowned Sparrow.

[​IMG]

6. poochee

poochee

More beautiful bird shots. So colorful!:)

7. RT

RT

Nice shots of the Woodpecker, I'm sure I've seen the Pileated a few times, never got a clear photo of them, because I wasn't prepared...
    Most common one I see is the much smaller Downy, never got a clear shot of that one either (that's worth posting) as it's quick about going to the other side of the tree...
    Only pic I could post would be the pecks in the tree ;)

8. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

LOL....
    My place is surrounded by 100' Hemlock and Ceder trees so there's an abundance of peckers around here and over the years I've been able to get a lot of nice shots.

9. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

Last year we had a bunch of Black-headed Grosbeak's coming to our feeders
    and they just showed up again last night. They don't like people and are hard
    to get a shot of so I trick them and sit in my car. Whatever works................

[​IMG]

10. poochee

poochee

Beautiful shot.:) So colorful.

11. RT

RT

Nice! We get Rose Breasted Grosbeaks around here for a short while it seems, and it's usually right about now, in May.
    They're gone quickly but so distinct in the shape of the beak and kind of a surprise, as they are larger than the usual feeder feeders...:)

12. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

Thanks...

We have a massive Rhododendron in front of our place because I've
    been clipping it here and there for the last 8 years. It measures about
    7' high x 10' across x 8; deep. Unfortunately it's well shaded and would prefer
    sun in order to really flower like others on our yard. But.... it does flower and
    4 or 5 days ago it gave us a few. They only last a couple of days so I thought I'd
    crack off a few shots the lazy way. Sitting in the car with the 100 - 400mm.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. poochee

poochee

Gorgeous.:)

14. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

It never ceases to amaze me how these things stay in the air.
    What a treat to watch fly....................

Airbus A380-841

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. poochee

poochee

Same here! Great shots.:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1099608