1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Guyzer's Stuff

Discussion in 'Photo Album' started by Guyzer, May 24, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. poochee

poochee

2. Littlefield

Littlefield

Guy, must have been fun seeing all those planes.
    1937 Flagship Detroit DC- 3 recently visited our local airport.

3. RT

RT

Your knowledge of aircraft combined with your camera skills = informative visual goodness :cool:

4. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

I never get tired of seeing them.

When I was 13 I was a member of the Air Cadets and we had a flight in one. We took off from
    Abbotsford Airport and flew north over the mountains. ( If you use Google Earth that a look to see
    what I saw. It's gorgeous ) I can remember to this moment how absolutely beautiful that view was
    and someday I intend to take a scenic flight just to relive that day. I don't know why I've been putting it off really.
    The DC-3 that we flew in was from the Royal Canadian Air Force and it was equipped to train bombardiers.
    We all had a few minutes to view through the bomb sights and that was a hoot as well. It was a treat I'll never
    forget.

5. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

Thanks RT........

Ever since I was a squirt I've always had to look up when I hear an aircraft. It's probably why I like
    photographing aircraft in flight more than any other type of photography. I'm kind of upset that
    the sharpness in my shots is so degraded when I post them to a site on the internet. It's something
    I've been trying to figure out but so far haven't had any luck.

RT likes this.
  6. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

Thanks folks..............

7. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

This view of a forest fire is looking south east from Cascade Lookout in Manning Park, British Columbia. There were two other fires equally as far away North West of where I was standing. ( 09-13-17 )

Currently there are approximately 139 fires burning in BC.

[​IMG]

For years I've wanted to go to Cascade Lookout and shoot some sunset scenes. Yesterday was finally the day to give it a whirl. 180 miles round trip......
    I've got to tell you when there is a line in the scene such as the mountains it doesn't take but a few minutes from the time the bottom
    of the sun hits it to when it totally disappears. Just a couple of minutes actually and you only get one chance.

Three shots posted in the same order as taken................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  8. poochee

poochee

9. RT

RT

Well Sir you did well! Your first shot there was both beautiful, but frightening ...when you realize what's really going on there. Hope this wasn't a case of arson, doncha know.
    I recall when I used to drive a distance just to see if I could get a shot at "something," usually a sunset, perhaps a waterfall in the right light. Something I felt might be outstanding, but often wasn't. A few times spectacular to the eye - if not the camera.
    Sometimes it worked, sometimes not. But the journey was the thing, as much as the quest.
    And too often being caught without a camera in an unlikely place when you didn't/couldn't take the shot, where you can't sleep because the "thing" wasn't photographed. But you still see the photograph in your mind's eye.

Well, that journey was made a bit more fun when I rode a fast and nimble motorcycle through mountain roads... ;)

Just an edited note - I just noticed, in your first photo of the mountains, I experienced some Pareidolia, in that I could see a face in the smoke.....near the mountain, exaggerated lower teeth, and a mouth , nose, cheek and two eyes... Ummm.. perhaps I need a second opinion...I know it's an illusion, but it all depends on the timing of the shot and the perception of the viewer. Don't see that when I zoom in, so it's just a perceived perception.
    Anyway just wanted you to know I'm not totally bonkers yet, but wonder if anyone else can sort of see it?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  10. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

Nature probably started that fire because there isn't any highway in that area. There's no logging going on because it's much to dangerous considering how dry it is.

The journey is what makes life interesting. A decent shot is a bonus.
    And........... I never... ever.... leave home without my camera.... never... ever!

I often see things in the clouds bit not this time.

RT likes this.
  11. RT

RT

And that ^, my friend, is why this thread is so interesting!

I was going to crop your photo to point out what I saw in the smoke, but it doesn't work to my eyes/brain when enlarged.
    Guess it's one of those cases when you see a piece of art close up it makes no sense, but stand back and you get it :)

12. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

Strolled around Reifel Bird Sanctuary again yesterday and had much better light
    than on my last few visits.

Here's a few shots of some shorebirds....

Stilt Sandpipers & half head up is Long-Billed Dowcatcher

[​IMG]

Semi-palmated Sandpiper

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Long Billed Dowcatcher

[​IMG]

Greater Yellowlegs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. poochee

poochee

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1099608