1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Guyzer's Stuff

Discussion in 'Photo Album' started by Guyzer, May 24, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. RT

RT

Roger that, lol! That's also how I spotted an eagle on the river, all I had to do was look to the tallest tree above, whilst trying not slip on the calling cards on the rocks ...:)

Guy....would you please send me a calendar with your favorite photos... ;)
    or just keep posting here, :) I like your work, and appreciate your passion for the outdoors and the beauty that surrounds us, if you just take the time to be still, and look and listen... and you do....and you know when to click the cam, have exposure dialed in....

Back in the film days, it was hit or miss, Nikon was my go to .....Shucks, I'm just jealous, what with the 6D thingy :p (y)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  2. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

Black Oystercatchers on the shores of the Pacific Ocean. Out of all the shorebirds I can think
    of these little guys don't spook very easily and allow humans to get relatively close before they vamoose.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. RT

RT

Vivid beak and eyes!
    and the water background in that first shot is :cool:

4. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

Stellar's Jay

[​IMG]

5. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

Trumpeter Swans are back in the valley on their way south....

They are very cautious around humans for very good reason and because of that are difficult to
    get close to. Normally they will land in the middle of a large field out of camera range. I got lucky today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

When I was 13 my best buddy, a tag-along cousin and myself were dropped off on the side of a gravel logging road at the Coquihalla River ( pronounced Coke-A-Halla ) upriver from the Othello Tunnels about 5 miles outside of Hope, B.C. by our fathers.

We were there for at least 5 days. Fished for trout, explored the tunnels before the area was turned into a tourist area and crossed our fingers that we wouldn't be visited by bears or cougars. Quite an adventure for 2 1/2 just turned teenagers.

The picture of the river that I'm posting may or may not be the exact area. Things have changed in 51 years and it's not as recognizable as I thought it would be. When we were there the water was just below the road level and very much white waterish. At least 10 feet deep. We floated down the river many times until my weenie cousin almost lost his life. Little did we know there was a waterfall around the last bend. I know now it was a stupid thing to do but it sure was fun then. In any event we survived the week and I remember the experience well. It makes me wonder about all the kids today that are afraid to go to the store by themselves. lol

Going there let me put my new 6D walk-around landscape kinda camera to work today. I'm starting to like it a lot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RT likes this.
  7. RT

RT

Jeez, Guy that is an awesome story, and awesome photos to boot!!!
    I dunno about kids these days, they'll risk their lives without thinking, just feeling invincible...oh, kinda like I/we did back in the day ;)
    Doubt they'd last 5 days with out a smart *** phone:rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017 at 7:49 PM
    Guyzer likes this.
  8. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

My real passion as far as photography is concerned is aircraft in flight. Unfortunately at this
    time of the year the best place to hang out is at one of the airports in the area and that's
    exactly what I did last Sunday.

These are just a few of the shots I cracked off at the Vancouver Int'l Airport and the float base right alongside of it.

To make like interesting I bolted my big lens to my 6D just to see how it would handle the lousy low light because of the heavy overcast conditions. I only had to crank up the ISO to 1000 whicg impressed me to no end. That's an amazing body.

1998 Cessna 525
    I love business jets.........

[​IMG]

1953 De Havilland DHC-2 Beaver

Besides the fur traders canoes this opened the north..... 64 years old and still flying.
    Amazing isn't it.

[​IMG]

2010 AgustaWestland AW-139
    I just like the looks of this beast.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1958 De Havilland DHC-3 Otter
    Updated with a turbo prop.....

[​IMG]

1948 De Havilland DHC-2 Beaver

[​IMG]

1959 De Havilland DHC-2 Beaver Mk.1

[​IMG]

2016 Boeing Boeing 777-300

[​IMG]

Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner

I kinda like how the foreground and background work in this shot.

[​IMG]

Littlefield and RT like this.
  9. RT

RT

AND
    That's amazing you know the subtle differences in aircraft seen from afar, wouldn't have known the sea planes if not for the different numbers on the tail, but I sure remember De Havilland from my model building days!
    :cool:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 5:42 PM
    Guyzer likes this.
  10. Littlefield

Littlefield

Guy, those old seaplanes are cool.

Guyzer likes this.
  11. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

Aviation has always been my passion. I can recall my dad taking me to the airport in Winnipeg to watch aircraft come and go. I recall seeing the Super Constellations and I was always wowed by them until I saw my first jet airliner in about 1958 or '59ish. That blew my doors off. I still look up today every time I hear an aircraft go over. Can't help it.

That said, I don't always know all the subtle differences. I use quite a few different sites to help me.

There's a link to my Flickr page below every post. I've got lots of aircraft shots there if you want to waste some time.

RT likes this.
  12. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

They sure are. Those without the turbo-shaft engine are still running their radial engines. I love the sound of those beasts.

It's amazing to know how old they are and compare it to the average age of vehicles on the road. That's something
    to think about isn't it.

Brigham likes this.
  13. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

Very rare to see a Gryfalcon in our area but that's what I saw this morning. Quite far away unfortunately.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Brigham

Brigham

I would like to see your "Flickr" page but I can't see how. Please enlighten me.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1099608