1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Guyzer's Stuff

Discussion in 'Photo Album' started by Guyzer, May 24, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. RT

RT

Man, I can't begin to fathom the engineering that allows the forward section to break open like that :cool:
    (nice chopper, too!)

Guyzer likes this.
  2. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    Here's some commercial stuff that landed on 26R @ CYVR yesterday.
    Love the clouds for the BG................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. RT

RT

Very nice clouds indeed!(y)
    I do wonder how you get some these shots...do you hang out at the airport security post, have a clearance pass?
    Maybe you just pilot a UFO and fly around til you get the good shots you want ;)

4. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    LOL....

I visit 6 different airports within 1 hour of my place and unlike the USA these are easy to get close to for the most part.
    I don't have free access and have to stay on the outside of the fences but while doing so I am not bothered by security
    or law enforcement as I would be down south. It seems even when outside the airport fences your American photographers
    are pestered to no end. Only once have I been approached and that was about 7 or 8 years ago. It was at a municipal airport where I was parked on the side of a driveway that led to hangers where a guy rode up on his bicycle. I could see him coming from the main admin building across the active runway. Anywhoo... he got up to me and asked what I was doing there. I raised my camera with my 100 - 400mm on it and he said. Oh... Ok. I than had a bit of a chat with him about my love for aircraft and that I'd been coming there for years. He said... Oh... you're that guy. He said have a good day and rode off. He happened to be the airport manager. lol

In the case of these shots I was parked on the shoulder at Vancouver International Airport on a road that is raised up almost fence top height but about 100' away. It is within a few hundred feet of the active runway. I'm actually so close I can't get the whole aircraft in the frame if it is sideways directly in front of me. 5 out of the 6 airports are like that for me. I've been going long enough I pretty well know where all the good vantage points are depending on the wind direction. My long lens helps a lot as well.

5. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    I was at one of the municipal airports ( CYNJ ) that I frequent and took a few cell phone shots when security wasn't looking. ;) As you can see they've really tightened security right up to keep us nasty domestic and foreign terrorists out. :whistle: Try that at most airports in the USA and they'll shoot you. :eek:

Airport... http://ynj.tol.ca/

Wiki... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langley_Regional_Airport
    .......click on the picture. I usually locate myself at the runway at about the 12:00 position. Just to the right of that and straight off the end of the long set of hangers is the gate in my posted picture.

I ALWAYS respect ALL signs.............

[​IMG]

There's a lot more aircraft there than you can see. New construction at the far end hampers the view.

[​IMG]

There's no fence between me and the helicopter here. I'm on a roadway that crosses under one of the runway approaches.

[​IMG]

6. Grimes235

Grimes235

Ooh looks great!

Guyzer likes this.
  7. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    When I was young and all my friends were at home reading comics or watching cartoons I hung out at the Abbotsford Airport. I was 12 years old in 1965 and one summer day in I met a pilot that was flying one of these beauties dragging gliders into the air. After a few flights with me watching intently he must have realized how much I loved aviation and after making a landing came over and asked me if I'd like to go for a ride which of course I accepted. Today, 53 years later I can still recall every second of my first ride in an aircraft. I suppose that's one of the reasons the J-3 is one of my favorite civilian prop jobs.

CF-UMM 1941 Piper J3C-65 Cub

[​IMG]

8. 2twenty2

2twenty2

Love it when things happen spontaneously

Guyzer likes this.
  9. RT

RT

:cool:

He prolly didn't know your name is Guy (y)

10. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    This is a sexy aircraft and one I modeled in 1/4 scale when I was heavily
    involved in R/C Aircraft. Mine was a tail dragger with a 40cc chainsaw type engine swinging an 18" prop.

This one is full sized....

C-GTDD
    2017 Glasair Glasair II S

[​IMG]

11. RT

RT

My first thoughts on seeing that airplane were"Man, that looks fast, and nimble as a mosquito" It really looks like a racing machine.

12. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    They are made to scoot...........

RT likes this.
  13. Littlefield

Littlefield

Yep, kit planes built to speed. I like the old cub better and the blue /yellow against the pretty cloud makes a nice photo.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1099608

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice