1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Guyzer's Stuff

Discussion in 'Photo Album' started by Guyzer, May 24, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. Littlefield

Littlefield

Guy , you still got some cool shots and nice to see " Fat Albert " in the air again !

2. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    Thanks....
    Fat Albert took off to go home and ended up landing. Stayed for a couple extra days awaiting parts and a repair to a prop feathering issue I heard. They don't use the JATO's anymore for some reason. That's unfortunate. Still nice to see it fly though.

3. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    Picked up a new hobby. 1/10 Scale R/C Rock Climbers.
    Amazing what these things can do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Driver needed to use the outhouse on the trail. A bunch of R/C'ers have built an amazing trail
    in the forest and have added lots of interesting things along the way.

[​IMG]

Had some authentic looking scale plates made up....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Took a trip across the suspension bridge at Cascade Falls....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stopped off at the beach to cool off after a hard day of rock crawling and sightseeing....

[​IMG]

RT likes this.
  4. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    Coupla' frogs about 1.5 inches long. Shot @ 400mm and ended up doing a big crop.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. RT

RT

Love your plate!
    Really awesome fun looking trail, great shots too!

6. Guyzer

Guyzer Thread Starter

First Name:
    Guy
    Those are all cellphone shots. lol

There's so many different places we go within an hour or so from here. The terrain changes almost by the mile and
    really presents a lot of challenges both for the truck and me physically. The trucks seem to handle it better than I do
    but I bang away at it and eventually come out at the end.
    It's amazing how many people are involved in this hobby, both male and female. Unfortunately it's a bit expensive for
    kids to do on their own but there's quite a few doing it with their dads which is nice to see.

The plates are made by a local fellow. They are stuck on vinyl decals placed on aluminum and are
    identical looking if you were to place them beside a real one. B.C. has 3 different automobile plates
    and he makes them all. I have a second set with my actual car's number just for the heck of it and will put them on
    my next truck.. They are really affordable and add a lot to the truck. $10.00 a set if my memory serves me correctly.
    I'm also working on getting the truck to look beat up instead of being so shiny. A few more trips to the rock-pile will assist with that
    and if it doesn't I'll buy a scale hard-body and get rid of the one I have. I'm really not fond of the look. Scale is my preference.

Besides plates he also custom makes scale stick on decals and is in the process of doing some special stuff for me.
    When they're done and applied I'll post some shots which I'm sure will make you chuckle.

Here's an example of some of the stuff we do with them.....

RT likes this.
  7. RT

RT

Cell phone shots, eh? That's a surprise... they look great!
    But I was still sort of expecting G I Joe and a Barbie doll to show up in the video there... :cool: ;)

I did something like that on a real dirt bike long ago, failed, came out with some bleeding scrapes and bruises, but as far as I know, didn't kill me.
    :)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1099608

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice