1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

H.D.D. and CD-RW hmmnez

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by joe_joe133, Feb 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joe_joe133

joe_joe133 Thread Starter

Ok I had the PC setup like DVD on single IDE and CD-RW and H.D.D. on the same IDE cable it took 1min 33 to start up the PC now that I have H.D.D. on single and DVD and CD-RW on singe but together I get a weird thing at start up it says Wait.... the after 1min of waiting I get the name of my H.D.D. WD.... and then it beeps a few times never ever does my PC beep at start up and then it says: Pri Slave Drive - ATAPI Incompatible Press F1 to resume? Why I done this to try and gain some speed current OS win 2k pro SP2. HELP!

2. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

Umm..could you clarify your problem. Bit hard to follow from your description.

Old setup: master / slave
    Primary IDE -
    Secondary IDE -

New setup:
    Primary IDE -
    Secondary IDE -

Make sure the jumpers on the devices are set to master or slave correctly depending on how you have them set up. The master device should always be on the last connector on the cable. The red stripe side of the IDE cable should generally face the power plug on the device.

3. joe_joe133

Hmm i get 61c idle well i will go and shut off pc and sett the jumpers right brb...

4. joe_joe133

Ok the H.D.D. was on middle IDE not end and i put it on the end and then went into CMOS and it was still at old thing H.D.D. and CDRW on same cable i changed that it still said wait.... for around 20 sec then started normal?

5. Richardhtml

Richardhtml

Go into the BIOS\CMOS and insure that the IDE Primary Master\Slave and the IDE Secondary Master\Slave are set on AUTO.
    Richardhtml

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Is the 61c idle, the temperature without any load?

7. joe_joe133

yes it says 61c in BIOS hardware monitor

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118597

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice