1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

h.d.d. led power switch cables

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IHateMyEiSystem, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IHateMyEiSystem

IHateMyEiSystem Thread Starter

where can i get them, i cant find them anywhere, mine snapped off by accident when my memory card fell down my comp, mines in like 1 thing an orange and white wires for the power sw and red and white wires for the h.d.d led, sorry i completely dumb to this

many thanks
    billy

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

OK, exactly what broke off? Attached is a picture of kk connectors which I guess are what you are describing. Did the connectors just break, OR, did the wires break also?

The only place I know you could get complete new wiring assemblies would be from the case manufacturer, if they have them for sale.

If just the connectors broke, you can get new connectors here;

http://www.action-electronics.com/molex.htm

scroll down the page and you would need a pack of the BLS-2 (you have to buy a pack of 50 but they are cheap). If either of the connectors are 3 pin you would also need a pack of part # BLS-3.

If the ends of the wires broke off you would also need a pack of pins part # BLS-PIN/F and a crimper Part # PHT-DS-STMP

If you have a repair shop near you they should be able to replace the ends for you if the wires are broken off at the pins. Unless you do a lot of these on a regular basis kk connectors are a little tricky to crimp, and I suggest that you let a shop crimp on the new pins for the connectors, because if they are not crimped correctly the pins will not stay in the connectors.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/690613

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice