1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hacked

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by carolavis, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. carolavis

carolavis Thread Starter

I swore that I was too smart for this to happen but I responded to a supposed Microsoft Hotmail email saying that I had to give certain information or hotmail would shut down. Of course, I checked it out with Microsoft before I filled in the info and it all looked bona fide. However, I am unable to access email, and friends have been getting emails from me with dire circumstances which require that they send money to Spain where I am supposedly starving and passportless. Jeez! If anyone can help me out of this, I have another email address which is **edited out**. The 'c' might be capitalized. Thanks for any help or condolences.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

3. valis

valis Moderator

heyya carolavis, I've edited out your email address, as that's a great way to get added to s spammer list.

thanks,

v

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

How did you contact Microsoft? Was it from a link or phone number inside that email message?

If you contacted them with a legitimate Microsoft phone number (outside that email message), then the problem isn't related to that particular email message.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!