Hacking the Windows Password?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PCMan78

A buddy of mine just bought some PCs from a company auction and the computers have network passwords on them. Whenever you boot, it prompts you with a username and password. Anybody familiar with how to hack this kind of situation so I can access Windows. I'm not sure what type of OS it is, probably 98 or 2000. Maybe there is a program out there that can locate passwords or something. Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I will have to format and start over. Thanks!

NOTE: I'm not going to do anything illegal here, just saving me time by not formatting 5 PCs.

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
I can tell you it is certainly not Windows 98.

I cant believe that a company would not wipe those clean. I know I wouldn't want someone recovering old data from my hard drives.

Since you do not know which OS's they are, do you have the proper licenses to even legally use them.

how do I know your'e not some kiddy that just wants to get past the parental control?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online