1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Had to do a Factory Reset now it wont update.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by hisbeauty4ashes, Mar 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hisbeauty4ashes

hisbeauty4ashes Thread Starter

Hi I had to do a factory reset on my friends Toshiba and now it wont update. My friend has a Toshiba Satellite Laptop which is a Windows 8.1 64 bit, 4 gig. The reason for a reset was do to constant freezing and video lagging. There were several things that were ocurring. I had done scans to make sure is was not a virus issue before doing a factory reset.

I have checked services to make sure it was turned on.

I tried to upload a snipit to show you the error but for some reason it wont let me download it Argh! It should have downloaded.

Here is the error code on the update page 8024A008

2. bobs-here

bobs-here

First Name:
    Bob
    Error Code 8024A008 fix

"download the Windows Update PowerShell Module from following link:

Download Windows Update PowerShell Module

The module is in ZIP format, so you can easily extract it using decompression software like 7-zip so that you’ll got the PSWindowsUpdate folder.

2. Now press [​IMG] + R and type this into the Run dialog box and press Enter key / click OK:

%WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules

3. Now copy the extracted ZIP folder named as PSWindowsUpdate from step 1 to Modules folder so opened from step 2:

4. Moving on, Go to Start Screen, press [​IMG] + I, click Tiles and set the slider to Yes for Show administrative tools. From administrative tools so pinned to Start Screen now, open the administrative Windows PowerShell ISE and execute following commands one by one after pressing Enter key:

Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned

Import-Module PSWindowsUpdate

Get-WUInstall

5. Get the things work done until you are asked to reboot. Once a reboot is done, you can check, download or install Windows Updates as usual."
    see the page for more, if needed,
    http://www.kapilarya.com/windows-update-ran-into-a-problem-error-8024a008

3. hisbeauty4ashes

Okay I did the best that I could and it did not work. I am not sure where I went wrong here.

4. hisbeauty4ashes

Any other ideas?

5. bobs-here

bobs-here

First Name:
    Bob
    apart from another reset or a windows fix download for win8
    see the page for the fixit:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

"The Automatically diagnose and fix common problems with Windows Update troubleshooter may automatically fix the problem".

the ongoing upgrade to win10 has left the update issue behind.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1168509

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice