Had to do it

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bucsaa18

My mouse kept locking up and could not do anything to fix anything on my computer that was not working. Sooo...I formatted C, re-installed WinME, and now I cannot get past the Windows ME screen into windows itself. It just stays on the entry screen and goes no further. Any ideas out there. Thanks for the consideration.

You should find out where the problem is happening. Two ways:

1. Press the ESC key when you see the WinME screen that locks up. Usually it will show you the DOS coding that is having trouble

2. Reboot the computer, tap the F8 key during the POST until you get the Windows ME boot screen. Choose the option (I believe it is there) for "Logged" mode. Then, you could try booting to a floppy (hopefully formatted by a Win98 computer), and then going to Command Prompt only, and looking at the bootlog.txt file and seeing what was the last line posted.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online