1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Had to do it

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by bucsaa18, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bucsaa18

bucsaa18 Thread Starter

My mouse kept locking up and could not do anything to fix anything on my computer that was not working. Sooo...I formatted C, re-installed WinME, and now I cannot get past the Windows ME screen into windows itself. It just stays on the entry screen and goes no further. Any ideas out there. Thanks for the consideration.

2. bucsaa18

bucsaa18 Thread Starter

anyone have any ideas?

3. Dingenium

Dingenium

You should find out where the problem is happening. Two ways:

1. Press the ESC key when you see the WinME screen that locks up. Usually it will show you the DOS coding that is having trouble

2. Reboot the computer, tap the F8 key during the POST until you get the Windows ME boot screen. Choose the option (I believe it is there) for "Logged" mode. Then, you could try booting to a floppy (hopefully formatted by a Win98 computer), and then going to Command Prompt only, and looking at the bootlog.txt file and seeing what was the last line posted.

4. bucsaa18

bucsaa18 Thread Starter

and then what?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222884

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice