1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Had troubles with Ati X1900GT grfx card Resolution + TVIO

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by cliffg, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cliffg

cliffg Thread Starter

Hi Folks,

After installing 32bit Ultimate, my resolution refused to go any higher than 1024x768 on my 19" Widescreen LCD. It stumped me for a long while, until I tried the other connector (two outputs on the video card + the tvio) and amazingly I could now use 1400x900 :)
    So with some more testing, I discovered the actual problem was caused by my settings for TV Out.

I can now have 1400x900 in either output socket BUT only when I don't have TV out enabled. Once that is enabled then it reverts to 1024x768.
    Also with the TV out settings, extended desktop doesn't work at all, it won't keep the settings, but clone does work (abeit with the lower res).

The drivers are the one's released earlier this week from the ATI website.

Anyway, hope this helps other people with similar issues, and perhaps someone can assist me with my tv out issues (while keeping the high res on my main display).

cheers
    cliff

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540553

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice