1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Half Green Screen on computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lpunit2, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lpunit2

lpunit2 Thread Starter

Been having a problem with a green screen that covers exactly half of my screen since yesterday. Had my sony vaio all in one desktop for about 2-3 years now and never had any similar problems like this. I suspect it may be a hardware problem and have contacted sony support but they were unhelpful. I was hoping to try this first before sending it in for service due to the likely fact of sony overcharging me. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Please see picture attachment of the pc.

Attached Files:

2. Loui5D

Loui5D

Could you list your spec please?

start->run->msinfo32

3. lpunit2

lpunit2 Thread Starter

Okay I have it open what would you like to know?

4. lpunit2

lpunit2 Thread Starter

Sorry just edited original text I saw you could export the info. It's now in the original post.

5. Tanis

Tanis Shane

Does that only occur when Windows itself starts up or do you get it from the moment you turn the machine on?

6. lpunit2

lpunit2 Thread Starter

It occurs right when I start up. Sometimes it'll clear and turn back to normal. But then shortly after the green block comes back.

7. Loui5D

Loui5D

If it does it after bios it's drivers; could you confirm when and where it happens?

8. lpunit2

lpunit2 Thread Starter

It just stays on the screen from the moment it starts up. Sometimes it'll disappear but will come back after almost immediately.

9. Loui5D

Loui5D

Sounds like a hardware issue.

10. lpunit2

lpunit2 Thread Starter

what would you recommend?

11. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

It probably doesn't take standard parts you easily buy and swap out. I recommend you call Sony and see what they'll charge you. If you have a local computer shop, take it there and see if they'll give you a free analysis / estimate.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1061427