Half laptop screen has horizontal rainbow lines

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Vannasun

My roommate turned his laptop on the other day and half the screen is messed up. It is horizontal lines in a rainbow of colors. You can still kind of see what should be there but it is pixelated and difficult. When i took a print screen image to post on here, the picture that it took was normal, without the ilnes. Can anyone help?

That's pretty much common in laptops/notebooks, it's a hardware issue. Try to connect the laptop to an external monitor; if everything is displayed correctly on the external screen, then your room-mate's laptop has a faulty LCD screen and/or inventer.

managed

Allan
I don't think you need to use an external Monitor but it wouldn't hurt to do so.

I think as the screenshot looks normal the fault is with the laptops screen or the cable to it from the motherboard.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online