1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Half laptop screen has horizontal rainbow lines

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vannasun, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vannasun

Vannasun Thread Starter

My roommate turned his laptop on the other day and half the screen is messed up. It is horizontal lines in a rainbow of colors. You can still kind of see what should be there but it is pixelated and difficult. When i took a print screen image to post on here, the picture that it took was normal, without the ilnes. Can anyone help?

2. nickgr5

nickgr5

That's pretty much common in laptops/notebooks, it's a hardware issue. Try to connect the laptop to an external monitor; if everything is displayed correctly on the external screen, then your room-mate's laptop has a faulty LCD screen and/or inventer.

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    I don't think you need to use an external Monitor but it wouldn't hurt to do so.

I think as the screenshot looks normal the fault is with the laptops screen or the cable to it from the motherboard.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026847

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice