1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

half life 1 game speed

Discussion in 'Games' started by bigbywolf, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbywolf

bigbywolf Thread Starter

hey there. i'm running half life 1 (you know, the 1998 game) on my laptop and for some reason, it runs way too fast. i run around the maps at high speed, sound clips stutter, monsters are too quick, etc. i've had this problem before with tactical ops, however that was a relatively easy fix (i just typed cpuspeed=1800 into the console). im pretty sure its a problem with my cpu being too fast for the game and the game not being able to time itself properly. however, the tac ops fix i mentioned above doesn't work for half life. any one got any ideas?:confused:

specs:
    AMD Sempron 3100+ (1.8GHz)
    512MB DDR
    SiS M760GX 64MB video card (supports openGL and direct3D)
    Windows XP SP2

2. x_saosin_x

x_saosin_x

i wouldnt say its your cpu been too fast, mines a 3700 (2.2ghz) and it runs fine.
    you can never have too much power, only too little power.

see if theres any updates or patches.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/525711

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice