1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Half Life 2 Deathmatch help

Discussion in 'Games' started by CrabAss, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrabAss

CrabAss Thread Starter

Hi,

Me and my mate access steam using the same outward WWW connection. We both have our own valid steam accounts and can play Deathmatch fine in LAN mode.:)

The problem comes when we try to play WWW games against each other, we can see each other but the connection times out.:(

I heard somewhere that I need to port forward or something!?

Any help is greatly appreciated as we want a game tonight!!

Thanks

2. like 45 ninjas.

like 45 ninjas.

it could be lots of things
    first, check your firewall; make sure it does not block internet games, some firewalls let lan work but not internet
    second, check for background programs that might be interfereing with hl2dm internet
    third, check your router to make sure that it has the correct ports open (27015)
    google half life 2 port forwarding if those don't work

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!