1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Half Life 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by Shivers, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shivers

Shivers Thread Starter

what would be the highest framerate:graphics ratio for this system:

AMD Athlon XP 2500+
    Geforce 6600GT
    512MB of PC3200 DDR RAM
    Soundblaster Live! 24bit

And I'm pretty sure that's all you need to know, ask if you need more

Help is appreciated

2. funkdmonkey

funkdmonkey

Oh pretty high, i bet u can run all settings high with a high resolution and get 60+ frames. Turning on AA or AF is ur choice, that would take a chunk of performance out.
    So overall you will get great performance, but you *might* have annoying loading times since you dont have 1gig of ram. Just my own experiences.

3. RedLiner

RedLiner

The loading times for HL2 when it loads a new section have been pretty slow on every system I've played it on. Not unbearably slow, but overall I think it's just pretty slow anyway, so in my own experience that may or may not be a factor.

I've found HL2 to be pretty scaleable. I've seen it run on some pretty sub-par systems and still be playable so I think you're in good shape.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329103

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice