1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Half Life Blue Shift Problem for XP Users: Solution for Kaspersky users

Discussion in 'Games' started by Shortofafulldeck, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shortofafulldeck

Shortofafulldeck Thread Starter

Hey Guys,

If you are using Kaspersky on Windows XP, and your Blue Shift is not working, I may have a solution for you. If you go into Kapersky, go to My Security Zone and then application activity. Go to Category and then click all. Scroll down until you find everything to do with Blue Shift ( Half Life Launcher, installation etc). Right click on each of these and change the status to Trusted. The game should work now. I hope this helps I've had the problem for a while and it was driving me nuts. I'd also like to thank the user "fragger" for giving me the idea to look at Kaspersky. If your reading this, hope it helps you out buddy.

2. Shortofafulldeck

Shortofafulldeck Thread Starter

I'd also like to add the game only works when I have Safari open. Absolutely no idea why, but this seems to be a requirement.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/965256

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice