Half size web page in IE

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wino1

I have IE 6.0 and WXP
An original web page opens full size but if I click on a URL in the body of the page, the new window opens at half size. I can't find any Internet Option to correct this so that these new pages open at full size. So each time I have to hit the Maximize button to get the full size page.

Close the maximized IE window with Alt+F4

Some Windows applications only remember their windows size if you close it with double-click on top left side icon or Alt+F4, and not when clicking on the top right side X.

wino1

I'm sorry but this answer does not seem to have any relation to my question - I guess I was not making myself understood:
I go to a web-site, I get a full window display. Inside of that is a referral to something else. I click on that and the new window comes up and is only half-size. I then have to click on the max button in top right to get a full-size image. I have a new system and the old system did not do that - when I clicked on aforementioned I got a full sized image right away. So what is wrong now??

So you are saying that after the new IE window opens at a small size, manually maximising that Window, then closing it as above has no effect on subsequent additional window opening sizes?

Closing and restarting Explorer may be required.

I did understand what you were saying, and one of the several cures (which of course depends on what the original cause is) was given above.

Also go here:

http://www.onecomputerguy.com/ie_tips.htm

Scroll down to

Setting Internet Explorer Window Size
When you click on a hyperlink in Outlook or Outlook Express, it will automatically open Internet Explorer
Sometimes this may be in a small window.
To increase or change the size, click on the Restore button, the middle one in the upper right hand corner of the toolbar.
Resize the window and then close the Internet Explorer
The next time you click on a hyperlink, it will open to the size you set.

wino1

I received email notification of your reply and clicked on the URL in the notification and it opened half-size as usual

Thankyou for your reply. Although the tip quoted refers to Outlook opening IE, I tried it anyway but did not help. Incidentally that tip was dated 1998 so maybe doesn't apply to XP

Could the trouble be in Windows itself??

Can you please confirm that you have manually dragged the half-sized window to full size, using the mouse at the corner(s) of the Windows, then closed that (now full sized) window with the top right [X] while holding down the Ctrl key?

Then try and see if its corrected itself, otherwise it could mean a trip into the Registry.

wino1

Hey, it looks like that works!! Thanks a lot!!! It may be my imgination but its possible that some regular pages are now opening larger, but I am not sure. I'll get back to you if that is the case, but so far, looks good.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online