1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Halflife 2 System Requirements

Discussion in 'Games' started by Fastlane247, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fastlane247

Fastlane247 It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

Hi I was wondering if anyone happens to know the system requirements for halflife 2 yet... or an idea on what they are probably going to be requiring... i got the 9600xt and it comes with the game for free so i am sure i should be good to go for that game but you never know... it would be really funny if it required a 9800 and they give it to you if you buy a 9600 lol ... any way if anyone has an idea for hl2 or doom 3 that would be great.. thanks

2. flyeater

flyeater

Well considering that it could be another two years before they release HL2 I wouldn't base any system on that information.

3. Fastlane247

what are you talking about 2 years... it is comming out in June... or are you Just kidding around lol

4. flyeater

flyeater

Nope I'm not kidding & you'd be best not to hold your breath.
    If you don't know the history of HL2 release dates you should check it out. I wont believe it till I see it.

5. Fastlane247

ya i knew it was supposed to be out about 6 months ago but someone leaked the code or something so they didnt release it ... but everywhere i read seems to say it is comming out in june guaranteed...they have a date and everything... doom 3 on the other hand ... that one may take a year or 2 but i am pritty sure hl2 will be out this summer.... i just got this feeling you know lol .... lmao... kinda funny because that is what i said in december lol lets just say i am hoping

6. flyeater

flyeater

Originaly they said December 2002

7. Fastlane247

lmao really... didnt know that... funny stuff... like i said i am hoping, i get a free copy with my video card so i cant wait... :)

8. basketballF7

basketballF7

I'm sure you can find out the requirements online at some site but from what I've heard because a lot of the people that play counter strike are on very old systems, the hl team wanted to the make the game playable on very low systems. From what I've seen of the demo's a regualr 9600 pro should be able to run it just fine with AA AF avg +40 fps. Um, short answer is... you are fine with that 3000+ of yours.

9. gethedge

gethedge

10. Maggz

Maggz

Lol nice movie

11. GLiO

GLiO

It's supposedly going to have scalable settings to work with processors as low as 1ghz and a GeForce 3 but we'll have to wait and see until it comes out to be sure.

12. scmazter

scmazter

No, apparently some hacker "cracked" one of valve's computers, and got into their servers, and stole a portion of the code. Thatz y it didn't get released on time.

The game will most probably be released around this christmas.

I highly reccomend waiting for the new range of graphics chipsets from radeon expected in just a few month, and might wana wait for the Athlon FX-53 or Prescott 4Ghz, both of which are coming out at the end of the year.

I'd say the game will need a GIG of RAM.

13. McTimson

McTimson

Yes, somebody stole the HL2 source, and Valve claims that that's why they didn't release it....but if you think about it, if the game was already finished, it shouldn't take this long to revamp the code....they may just be using that as an excuse, but there's no way for us to tell, so who cares.

Anyway, minimum requirements I saw a while ago were a 700mhz PIII, and a GeForce2 or better, and probably 256MB RAM. That's just minimum requirements though, you won't get all the spiffy DX9 renderings, and tons of of other special effects either....you'll be able to play the game, but you won't be able to play it to its' full potential. I would say 512MB RAM, Radeon 9600, and 1.5ghz CPU would be minimum to play it at good detail settings, but this is just a complete guess, and I have no idea what actual requirements are.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218670

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice