1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hallelujah, SOUND IS BACK!

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by raramuristar, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. raramuristar

raramuristar Thread Starter

:D

As some of you may know, both of my desktop PCs., were hit by a virus and among many problems, both of them lost the sound. I reformatted them and thanks to Rollin-Again's advice, I was able to fix the problem on one of them (the oldest: Acer 1999) and it was working fine. But following his fine instructions on the new one (Assembled 2005) failed to correct the problem. I called a Technician and he:

1. Unscrewed the lateral lid.
    2. Read and wrote the number of the sound card (By Gigabyte).
    3. Got into the Internet and downloaded the drivers for the specific model.

And, SHAZAMMM, THE SOUND IS BACK AND WORKING FINE!

Total time invested: 12 minutes.

I relay this information hoping that it might help somebody with the same problem.

:) Greetings to all and a happy new year to everybody at TECH SUPPORT GUY.

2. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Glad it all worked out, but note there are many free programs out there that should be able to glean the sound card info without opening anything.

3. raramuristar

Thanks a lot for your fast reply. Kindly, tell me what programs are these?

Best of luck to you,

raramuristar

4. bonk

bonk Banned

5. raramuristar

Hello, Bonk.

Thanks a lot for your kind reply. I am now downloading the Everest Free Edition that you recommended. I shall let you know about the results.

Thanks again, Pal.

raramuristar

6. raramuristar

THANKS FOR NOTHING, bonk!

My ignorance about everything related to computers and my good fortune in finding a haven of confidence and security in Tech Support Guy and their knowledgeable members, who have helped me considerably to solve the innumerable problems that I have run into in trying to learn by myself how to operate this wonderful work instrument.

As I told you last night, I would follow your recommendation immediately and let you know the results.

Well, here they are:

1. I clicked on the link which was incorporated in your short message: Everest Free Edition and this led me to a site named major geeks.com.

2. I started to download the software and clicked "save" on the dialog box.

3. When it finished downloading, it made an eerie sound and disappeared without even giving me the chance to click on the "execute" button.

And guess what?

MY PC CRASHED!

A) THE SOUND WAS THE FIRST TO GO! Back to the the same problem I had before.

B) THE KEYBOARD WAS TOTALLY DISCONNECTED!

I have spent many hours since last night trying to restore my PC., to its former state and finally I seem to have done it.

So, THANKS FOR NOTHING, bonk. In the future I would appreciate your not answering to my posts.

raramuristar

7. t bone

t bone

that's pretty strange. alot of people run everest, myself included, and i've never heard of it causing a system crash.

i'm sure bonk meant u no harm

8. bonk

bonk Banned

Sorry to hear about that, however the program you downloaded was a safe program and from a safe site..so the reason for your PC crash is not to do with EverestHome.

Instead of losing your cool at people trying to help you it would be better to find out why your PC crashed.......

Telling people it's their fault and not to help you again you will run out of people willing to help quickly.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539674

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice