1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HALO 2 for VISTA

Discussion in 'Games' started by Nadia, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nadia

Nadia Thread Starter

I have only one question: Do you guys think it is fair for Microsoft to release HALO 2"exclusively" for Windows Vista? Don't XP or other OS owners deserve to play the game on their PCs?

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Fair? No.
    Smart? Yes.
    Will it pay off? Sure.

Halo is a huge market, and I don't blame them to try this stunt. Though it wouldn't affect me because I get Vista for free :) (student rate)

Or it could simply be that XP and earlier OSes may not be able to handle it. Unlikely but...

3. Crusnik

Crusnik

I totally agree.... There are so many die-hard Halo fan boys out there that they won't let anything come between them and their Halo. If that means dishing out $200-300 for an OS they don't need, they'll do it... Just so they can have Halo. This was the case with alot of people and Xbox 360.... Two of my friends bought a 360 for the soul purpose of playing Halo 3 when it comes out.

*sigh*

4. Nadia

Nadia Thread Starter

I see your point.. but there really are some ticked off fans out there (i'm one of them, gotta admit).. they're even signing a petition for Bungie/Microsoft about this...

*sigh* what to do...

5. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

I am not a big Halo fan but I have Vista Ultimate running. I like change computer wise and XP was getting old to me. I hadn't even had a virus or a decent spyware for 3 years or more. Vista was a challenge to me so I bought it.

If you have a decent gaming machine Vista is not going to bog it down. Vista optimizes on the fly. When you need the system resources to play a game, Vista releases them to the game. So much for the "resource hog" Vista was touted to be.

Would I buy Vista for one game? Nope.

Would I buy it so I can actually learn something new? You bet your arse I would and did. If you wanna play Halo 2, you are going to go X-Box or Vista. I wouldn't bother actually without playing the game and knowing it is worth it.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    It's all about marketing. Give it a year and I would bet you will see it on XP

7. Cadeyrn

Cadeyrn

It's one genius marketing idea, but if you ask me, the market is only doing this because computers are getting so advanced that the non-nerds are ruining it for us REAL comp nerds!!! Which is why Mac exists (don't get me wrong you Mac fanboys/girls; Mac is the only thing made by Apple that doesn't kick all *** to the curb and piss on it), and why Microsoft PURPOSELY made Vista more like Mac with hack-proof firmware and complete protection that dangerously lowers your ability to change and hack ****.

Is it fair that Microsoft is using one of the best FPS serieses to make us all switch to the Mac version of Windows? No! Which is why I already have Halo 2 installed onto my XP machine through the AWESOME Halo 2 for XP patch. Suck it, Microsoft :p

8. Sixer

Sixer

Actually i have XP and halo 2 rum perfectly for me, a lot of games that said it was for Vista can run smoothly on XP also.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!