1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Halo 2 on a weak system heellp

Discussion in 'Games' started by ezekiel, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezekiel

ezekiel Thread Starter

i really wanna play this game but it dosnt run it because my hardware is too weak but im sure that if I put it on minimum preformance its going to run. Just tell me is there a way to change the graphics/video options without running the game?
    maybe changing something in the registry or changing a notepad file that tells the game on what graphics to run it?

i have windows vista
    intel celeron 1.6ghz
    mobile intel 945GM express chipset family 224mb total video memory
    pixel shader version: 2
    vertex shader version: 2
    1gb RAM

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    What exactly does it do when you try to run it?
    Does it give errors or anything?

Having looked at the minimum requirements for Halo 2 you aren't that far our, however, you CPU will be a bit of a chocking point I would imagine. Also, because you are running an integrated graphics card in a laptop you may find it doesn't actually have full pixel shader / vertex shader 2 support. It has enough to qualify to state it supports it but you will likely find it is somewhat limited.

This is from Microsoft (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936820):

Also, your video card is likely using 224Mb of you System RAM for its memory, this will only leave you with a maximum of 776Mb RAM.

3. ezekiel

ezekiel Thread Starter

when i run it theres an error message saying that my system has insufficient memory or something

i have tried to use windows readyboost to get more ram (with sd card)
    but it doesnt work, in taks manager it still always sais I have a gig of ram
    any ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!