1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Halo 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by Wolverine77, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wolverine77

Wolverine77 Thread Starter

Anyone heard when Halo 2 will come out for PC?? I have it on x-box and love playing on-line, but i am a PC gamer..........4life

2. McTimson

McTimson

From Bungie's Halo 2 FAQ:

What systems is Halo 2 available for?

Halo 2 is being made for the Xbox only at this time.

There's been no official word from Bungie about a PC release...I sure as hell hope they make it, but nobody really knows if they even will.

3. Dreambringer

Dreambringer

I cannot remember where I read it at, but somewhere rumors were in either 3/4 quarter.. but dont quote me.. :)

4. funkdmonkey

funkdmonkey

it is for sure, when i have no clue. Im guessing 2006, if it was this year we would have been told by now.

5. Topato

Topato

Yeah most likely late 2006, following suit with the original Halo

6. Wolverine77

Wolverine77 Thread Starter

I hope they release Halo 2 with some new maps when they release it for PC.

7. coreman

coreman

If you think about it...

What does Halo 2 for xbox have that Halo 2 for PC wouldn't?

Halo 2 for Xbox
    Requires an Xbox (money for MS)
    Multiplayer draw is mainly over a subscription (xbox live) (more money for MS)
    1 game for up to 4 people in simultaneous play LAN (potentially less money for MS)
    Up to 4 subscriptions to Xbox Live for optimal Internet play (more Money for MS)
    Lower piracy rates on Xbox games as older moded boxes cant play online

Halo 2 for PC
    Probably would require Windows XP (money for MS, possible piracy)
    Multiplayer would be probably be free, like most PC games
    1 game 1 person (more for money for MS)
    High piracy rates for PC games (although slacking) would reduce sales for PC version

Just looking at the profit for MS, personally it looks like its even money to make it... but would MS make something for even money?

Both would require different MS products to use but the Xbox has you in their corner paying them to play, where as, once you purchase the PC version you are free to go, not much more stuff to pay for at that point.

I hate to be a pessimist but hanging out with some MS employees from the gaming devision gave me pretty much the same synopsis. As far as they knew nothing was happening on Halo 2 PC.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330366

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice